Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Campaign Q&A Excerpts 1

All the Fairfield candidates are now in the process of answering questions from various groups and media outlets. Each questionnaire affords an opportunity to learn more about the people running for office. So in an effort to help spread the word about Mike and Cristin, we'll be sharing excerpts from their Q&As here on the Fairfield 2011 blog. Look for more Q&A posts in the coming weeks!


From the League of Women Voters


What special qualifications and experience will you bring to the office?

Mike's answer: I bring 25+ years of business management and private sector leadership to the position. In my first 100 days as Interim First Selectman, I delivered results – finding the lowest-cost solution to the Metro Center problems and saving taxpayers $3 million. I have a thorough understanding of town government, having previously served on the Board of Finance, RTM, and Town Plan & Zoning Commission. I also bring the needed communication skills combined with an open and honest approach to the job. 


Cristin's answer: As an engaged community leader, a mother and a social worker, I have worked to build consensus and move initiatives forward. My six years on the RTM, most recently as Minority Leader, have given me insight into town government and how it can be improved. I have studied the budget with the League of Women Voters, served as a committee chair with the PTA, and worked in child welfare to find permanent homes for children in foster care.


No comments:

Post a Comment